Pages

December 23, 2013

One week...

Our 4 year old friend Sofia had a stroke one week ago.  I went to the hospital to visit her today.  She was so cute, telling her parents, the nurses and doctor that she wants the mosquito out of her arm.  That's what she calls the needle!   She also said "golova bolit" which means "head hurts"  many times.  She had a tube that is draining fluid from her head, where she had surgery last week.
My friend Lena and I went to the store together and bought her a Christmas tree.   Our homeschooling group also gave her a bunch of gifts, some arts and crafts items and little toys to keep her entertained.  She will probably be there for a few more weeks.
Her mother is spending a third of the day, approximately at the hospital, but needs to take care of Timothy, who is still breastfeeding, too.  It's not easy.  Her heart is pulling both ways.
I was feeding her lunch when she threw up.  All of it...
So, please please keep her in your prayers. I took these photos before I left.  Hannah and Olivia would have come and visit her, too, but they only allow visitors over 14 years old.  She was drinking some water and fell asleep.  Her father (in Ukrainian they say "Tato") hasn't left the hospital all week... 

2 comments:

Apseed said...

Poor little girl. I will keep her in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Lord have mercy. My prayers, Katayoun