Pages

October 31, 2020

Wind

Yes, the wind blew the smoke in our eyes, but it was such a lovely day with friends.    
My husband was asked to be Godfather!
And I prepared + baked an election day cake! There's still plenty of time for you to bake one.
I used sourdough starter.  In the small measuring cup is sorghum molasses, cinnamon, cardamom, clove, nutmeg, ginger...
I soaked dried apricots, plums, dates + raisins in white wine for 24 hours.  I mixed the sourdough starter with milk + flour and let it ferment for 12 hours at room temperature.  Then mixed the butter, sugar, eggs... Let rise 2 hours.  Baked.  And the end result:
The whole recipe, from Old World Levain, can be found here.

3 comments:

gretchenjoanna said...

Martha, that sounds SCRUMPTIOUS.

Congratulations on the godchild!

elizabeth said...

So good to have time with friends! wonderful about your Husband being godfather! your cake is beautiful and a really neat tradition! I am sending you a big HUG!

pleximama said...

That cake looks delicious! A must-try. God bless you and your husband as you add to your spiritual family.