Pages

August 5, 2021

Colorful

An art lesson today with friends, using colorful clay.
Yesterday, we went to the zoo with friends who have a guest pass!  It was George's first time ever at the zoo.  He was really interested in all of the animals, especially the giraffes.
We got to ride the train, which takes you past the wolves, flamingo, goats and alpacas, etc and the botanical gardens.
A day at the pool, not too busy and perfect temperature.  
Identifying poison ivy is a good thing, especially if you hike.
We went out for ice cream with Hannah!  She won the Graeter's coloring contest.
NEW Amazonite bracelet!  My husband got these beads as a birthday gift for me.  A friend gave me this bouquet.
And we spent time at the lake for my birthday!
Practicing writing with chalk in our driveway.  I'm getting emotional and sentimental about all these things during this last month in this house.  
Concert in the park is one of our fav Tues. evening spots.  This week was the Pete Wagner band.  They played great tunes, like the one that goes "I see skies of blue..."
7am sunrise now.  It was 6am a month ago.  The days are getting shorter, but we can still stay up until 9pm and catch fireflies.
Black eyed Susans are blooming here!  How is your colorful summer?

1 comment:

karen said...

I haven't been to a zoo in ages! Whenever I have been I've enjoyed the visit. We want to get passes to the museum around here but I'm waiting out the covid stuff. Grr.