Pages

January 25, 2022

Chinese New Year

We have a few friends who are from China and so are getting ready to celebrate Chinese New Year next week, on Feb. 1st:  https://food52.com/blog/15769-how-to-make-your-own-lucky-red-envelopes-for-chinese-new-year
I learned of the Boxer Rebellion from one friend and was pleased to see this icon here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_Rebellion
Last week I ran a fever, then one of the boys had the same symptoms, just so grateful it lasted only 24 hours.  I learned many years ago that we should let our body fight infection by itself and only if the fever is dangerously high, seek medicine to aid, otherwise one can prolong the illness, so I just let my body kill off whatever it was with the fever.
We have had some very cold days!  -13 F even at 10am and then warming up, but still below 32.  When the sun is out, it feels warmer, or if not and the wind blows even colder.  We got a bit more snow today. 
Saturday morning, we made bacon and shared a little with Sandy the kitten, who is 4 months old.

2 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Sweet <3

elizabeth said...

I love the cheery green on your porch! You always have lovely homes ❤