Pages

February 15, 2022

Ice skating

I have my own ice skates that I bought a few months ago at the thrift store.  There's a free community ice skating rink nearby and dozens of skates were donated and are hanging up in a shed for anyone to use.  It's been nice since neither of them last very long, but are eager to try! 
My husband got 7 stitches in his finger this past week, also got a tetanus shot and an antibiotic, as he had been doing work all day and didn't know what could've gotten in the wound.  Thank God all is healing well.
Rosey red cheeks and cold temperatures, but the sun is shining!  The kittens will be 5 months old in a few more days.  They followed us out to the hike in the woods in the back.
Sometimes one can't tell if it's sand or snow, they both blow and make beautiful drifts.  
 I bought these beeswax candles last week!    The boys were delighted to receive a surprise in the mail from Uncle Mitch!  
We started a women's book group in January and are reading Green Dolphin Street by Elizabeth Goudge. It's my 1st time reading a book by her and I'm entranced.  It was published in 1944.  Have you read anything by her? 

3 comments:

pleximama said...

That's so great to have an outdoor rink nearby! Skating is one of our favorite winter activities, but the rinks have been closed or restricted since March 2020. :( I re-read "Green Dolphin Street" recently; it's a really wonderful book!

elizabeth said...

I love LOVE Elizabeth Gougde! I have been collecting her booka for years 🥰

GretchenJoanna said...

I love Green Dolphin Street VERY much! I've read several other books by Goudge, some more than once. But I thought the movie made of GDS was terrible. Maybe I will read that book again... I wonder if it is on Audible.

Your snow pictures are wonderful, and your description of the sand or snow feeling was interesting. You seem like pioneers to me -- I'm glad that unlike the pioneers, your husband has the treatments available to lower the risk of deadly infections from wounds!