Pages

June 23, 2023

Strawberry rhubarb

we'll be trying out a strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe and making jam tomorrow!  Below, is the rhubarb patch and I've plucked off several flowering stems already.
Have you had carpal tunnel issues?  I'm dealing with it now and it's worse at night.  I've used ice packs, amber bracelet, cypress essential oil, magnesium supplements also magnesium flakes dissolved in water to apply to my wrists and hands.  I had this with my previous pregnancy and am pretty sure it's due to my weight gain and the extra blood for the baby and placenta.  My midwife said it will likely go away after baby is born.  I haven't been crocheting much as any repetitive action makes it worse.
We've had days in the 80s, but cool mornings in the 60s.  I got these new wool socks at a fiber fest near us!  We talked to two people who can process the wool from our sheep, into fleece, roving or yarn, but it is expensive.  
I've made this quinoa salad a few times recently.  It's wonderful as a cold summer salad.  I add chopped peppers, red onions, cucumbers, lemon juice, olive oil and salt.  Any summer dishes you've made that you can share?

6 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

Did I already mention Vitamin B6 in regard to carpal tunnel syndrome? I have read that people with the syndrome are often quite deficient in B6, so supplementing it might be a good thing to try. I would take a B-complex plus extra B6, which is what I did for other issues of pregnancy, though I didn't ever have CTS.

There is nothing like the strawberry-rhubarb combination! Your pictures are making my mouth water.

pleximama said...

Those strawberries look so ripe and juicy! And the quinoa salad inspires me to make some myself. When the Apostles' Fast is over we'll enjoy chicken caesar salad (with homemade dressing). Right now I'm enjoying homemade "sushi" with smoked salmon in place of raw fish.

elizabeth said...

That is hard! Good idea to avoid repetive movements! Since you had this before with a preganancy good chance it will go away after again! God bless you!!!! I was thinking of you when I was on my walk today! nice to hear from you here!

Martha said...

That sushi sounds delicious + my kids like smoked salmon! Thanks for sharing.

karen said...

the best thing you can do is to not annoy the flare up. the crocheting will always be there for you.

Becki said...

Oooh... thank you for suggesting making a salad from quinoa. I've made some quinoa, and like it, but I haven't really looked into what all I can do with it.