Pages

August 22, 2023

Garlic farm

we went on a field trip to Hugick Garlic Farm and got to see their curing process. we also each got a jar of this black garlic salt, which we all love!
That afternoon, we constructed our own wood frame for curing and the boys snipped chicken wire and stapled it along the edge.  
Now we are curing the garlic heads that grew from the cloves we planted last Oct.  It's pretty neat to think each clove will produce 7 more cloves underground, all winter and spring.  We will plant more this fall!
Last week we brought a basket of fruit to church to be blessed, as is the tradition in the Orthodox church on the feast of Transfiguration.  My belly is getting big!  We got some gifts in the mail, cloth diapers, wipes, onesies...and I ordered a one piece rubber pacifier + an amber necklace.  My cousin has a gently used carseat for us.  A friend gave us a used stroller and a diaper changing table.  I plan to give it a fresh coat of white paint.  All neutral, since we don't know if baby is a boy or girl.  I decided to make a wishlist, after my sister-in-law asked:  https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/C71D4EHSN5V2?ref_=wl_share
Just harvested more tomatoes yesterday.  We have all these little ones, yellow, sun gold orange and the cherry tomatoes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful ❤️

Gretchen Joanna said...

You all look beautiful!

I was just thinking that next year I should plant Sungolds. I love those! This year I only have one type of cherry tomato, Green Doctors, and they are good, but I'd like to have more colors....

karen said...

my dad used to grow massive amounts of garlic to sell to local restaurants way back when. I bet the tour smelled heavenly!!

Brooke said...

Martha, can you email me your mailing address? You lovely so lovely and the boys so happy and handsome!