Pages

April 8, 2021

Spring blooms

I smelled our lilac before I saw the blossoms!
This is a pear tree and green leafy thornless blackberry growing by it's base (it wasn't planted there, but they both seem to be growing well, so we'll leave it).
Our plum tree which we planted to provide friut and shade over the sandbox.  Last summer we realized it had black knot fungus and trimmed it back drastically, it was pretty invaded!  So we'll see what happens, if it's okay or more fungus appears.
Our peach tree blossoms up close and from a distance behind my dress, below.  Of course I just washed it and took it out to dry and it starts raining.
Also, I just spotted a tear!  I will mend it.  I've worn it a lot in the year and a half I've had it.
We have a lot of violets and dandelions, too.  The parsley seedlings that were covered in ice last week, with the snow that arrived, is growing well still.  It was 82 F yesterday.  Just 37 F as the high a week ago.  This is Ohio weather!
Every day our 5 year old colors in one day!
What is blooming near you?

 

2 comments:

gretchenjoanna said...

The blossoms are heartening - God is faithful to bring Spring every year, and there is so much about that "phenomenon" that blesses our souls.

I love that Road to Pascha coloring page!

pleximama said...

Look at those beautiful blooms! What a treat to have the color and scents in your own yard.