Pages

November 29, 2021

Pine bundles

Welcome to our home....my husband is building an entryway or mudroom this week.
We made carrot stew inspired by the Tawny Scrawny Lion story.
Our Nativity countdown garland that we made yesterday.  
My cousins came on Saturday and we had lunch together.  I made a pie using a kuri squash that I baked and pureed.
We lit a candle at my father's grave.  This is the 1st time I've seen it with snow and the whole place is more beautiful.
The Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown had a FREE event and just asked for a $10 donation per family!  We got this recipe of sorts, freshly printed at press and had to hold it carefully so it would dry.  The turkeys were fascinating and we helped walk them across the grounds as people used to do many years ago and take them to market.
Fresh layer of snow just makes everything prettier!
This is the copse of pine trees at the back of our property. We gathered pine cones and cut branches to bundle up and decorate our mailbox and doorway. I would like to make a garland using wire, but we got so much pine sap on our hands. It's hard to wash off and collects dirt. It does smell lovely.

2 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Cooperstown looks fun! I love seeing the cross marker at your father's grave. I think I will be going to my husband's grave next week because a friend's husband will be interred in the same cemetery.

I got a lot of pitch on my hands last month when I was collecting pine cones in my back yard. Three trees in mine and the neighbors' yards drop them in my space. I was planning to burn them in the wood stove, but then they got quite waterlogged in the rain storms and I ended up just throwing them out. :-(

pleximama said...

What a winter wonderland! The snow does blanket everything in beauty.