Pages

March 1, 2022

Cranberry walnut cake

I made a cranberry walnut cake today, using a bag of cranberries I had in the freezer.  I bought a bunch of them a few months ago when they were just $0.49.  Such a great price!  It also has orange zest in it.  I'm looking forward to having it later with a cup of tea.

I swept the front mat.  We get a lot of wind up here and so the snow covered this up again quickly.
We have about 6 inches of snow right now. It snowed Thursday night and when we woke, my husband got out the shovels and snow blower a nearby friend gave us, since he had a newer one.  A week ago, it was in the 50s. 
Can you see the two kittens below?  
There are 4 women who go to church with us that are expecting babies, soon.  I've finished a little warm bonnet in Tunisian crochet.
I sewed this altar boy robe, finally.  My husband helped, a lot.  It's not finished, I want to add a button and brocade ribbon as trim around the sleeves and bottom, but it was done enough so that he wore it to serve in the altar this past weekend!  
The littlest one trying it out before being hemmed...

Next week begins Great Lent for us Orthodox Christians.  May you have a peaceful one.


P.S. After I wrote this, our cow Bella's water broke!  Hooves appeared and shortly thereafter, the calf was born.  I will share more about it soon!

2 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Four babies expected in your parish - what joy! And a new calf. This is some kind of almost-spring ;-)

Good for you, sewing the altar robe! Your temple is beautiful, set off by the white snow.

pleximama said...

What lovely white snow you have! The altar boy robe looks fantastic, and the boy wearing it so proud. My mama heart always swells when I see tiny little boys serve in the altar for the first time.