Pages

March 8, 2022

Playful calf

Here's a video of Ferdinand, the new calf:  https://youtu.be/Kz7jqAf2_b4
That was Saturday morning, with George in the barn.  We had taken Bella out to the pasture. 
Saturday was 42 Fahrenheit, warmer than Friday which reached only a high of 27 F.  
Sunday, it reached 70 F and all the snow melted!
We baked bread yesterday.  As a start to Great Lent, we started reading from the beginning of the Bible with Genesis, lit a candle, 
also incense, prayers with prostrations, covered our television with a bedsheet.
The cow is producing more milk than the calf can consume right now.  So, if you have any (easy and, or freezable) cheese recipes, please share.  I am thinking about buying a vacuum sealer.  
This is a really nice booklet that explains why we should fast.  It's something I've struggled with more as I get older.  I find myself feeling weak, but am determined to do a better job than I have in the past.  For me, it's a temptation to have fish for the children for a meal and when they don't eat it all, I would finish it.  I'm going to either put away leftovers in the refrigerator or give it to the chickens.  With God, it's possible to improve!

No comments: