Pages

July 26, 2022

Community

Last night, we went to a community folk dance.  Here, they're doing the Virginia Reel. A reel can be done as long as one likes, and there were quite a few dancers, it was probably about 20 minutes long. My 3 year old was my partner for about 10 minutes.  They learned to "Do-si-do!"
Snowflake nursing her 2 babies who are now 5 and a half weeks old.  Since I walked over, she is bracing herself to stand up and see what I've got for her.  I often drain a can of tuna into their bowl.  Her sister, Sandy, is inside the barn with her 4 kittens.
A lovely sunset and our lambs, who are now 4 months old.
Our cows like to eat burdock leaves and we have plenty!  We go to the local library weekly and someone had brought brownies, hence the chocolate smile above.
This is my Bell's Palsy face.  I'm trying to smile, but my right side is still pretty paralyzed, although I can close my eye without using my hand to force it closed.
These kittens are fun to watch, playing with each other everyday.  Sandy's kittens are 10 days old now and have just opened their eyes, but nurse and huddle together to sleep most of the time.

2 comments:

pleximama said...

Praying for continued healing for you. What a wonderful community you have to dance with! The Virginia Reel is one of my family's favorites.

Becki said...

I love your pictures, Martha. The pictures of your animals are really sweet. I'm sorry you're still dealing with the Bell's Palsy. I hope you are feeling better every day.