Pages

July 19, 2022

shelling peas

We picked peas + spent about 2 hours shelling them this afternoon.  If I were doing it alone, I bet I wouldn't say it was fun, but it was...remarking on how many we find in each pod, pretending it's a smile of green teeth + throwing a few to the chickens.

Snowflake has a puffy tail, as she's on-guard, checking out the newest addition to our homestead: black guinea hogs.
Captain is happy to make a new friend!  He's doing well, munches on grass and whatever else he likes in the meadow, napping in the shade with the others.  He has a long tail, while the other lambs had their tails banded when we got them (and they fell off), so just little nubs, which they waggle when happy.
The view from our place of one of our neighbors, Jonathan and Ellen, who are Amish.
These kittens are 4 weeks old now.  There are two from Snowflake. Her sister Sandy had her kittens on Friday, there are four, just a few days old now.  Both the mama cats have been caring for the littlest ones and nursing them, which is sweet.

4 comments:

pleximama said...

Kittens! We don't have any pets, but my daughters and I regularly wish for kittens.

karen said...

I bet those peas tasted delicious! Loved seeing what's going on in your life and I hope you are continuing to feel better!!

GretchenJoanna said...

Your farm looks so happy and fruitful!

Becki said...

I can imagine how happy pea shelling is with the cute company you have to do it with. :) I enjoyed seeing all your cute critters, too.