Pages

January 6, 2023

Biscotti

I made gluten-free biscotti with hazelnuts yesterday using this recipe (the Bob's Red Mill 1:1 GF flour blend DOES have xantham gum, so no additional xantham gum is necessary).  It's an easy thing to put in a jar or bundle up and give as a little gift to a friend!
my sister, her husband, who was ordained a deacon almost 3 months ago, and 3 children came to visit last weekend.  They gave the boys walkie talkies and this gingerbread house kit!
she brought smoked salmon with dill, Greek style tomato and beans, stuffed grape leaves, dark chocolate with mango and cardamom, which was scrumptious with tea! We made lussekater again this year, this time using saffron threads that my cousin Jeff and his wife Mary gave me!  They were delicious.  I plan to make another batch for old calendar Christmas, which starts this evening:  https://goodeatings.com/recipes/desserts/lussekatter-vegan-saffron-buns/
I made 2 pounds of ground beef into meatballs for Nativity. We'll have cheese and crackers and open a bottle of wine. I also made brownies for tomorrow.
Hope you have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Becki said...

It looks like you had a very nice time with your sister and her family. The biscotti looks great. And I like your personalized planner, Martha.

karen said...

that is the flour I use when I bake for my sister who has celiac disease and it works out most of the time!!