Pages

January 27, 2023

A new leaf

This monstera has a 3rd leaf just beginning to unfurl.  It is slow and beautiful.
I undecorated our potted Norfolk pine tree, as it is droopy and I think got top hot with the woodstove being near.  I hope it survives.
My sister gave me a punch needle kit she'd gotten with a wooden tool, which is pretty, but just doesn't work as well as the plastic one I had gotten.  
Our hens have been laying well!  I collected 20 eggs just today.  On Wed. Father Theodore, the Scottish monk, blessed our small house, barn (he was especially happy to bless the cats, then said a special prayer over the sheep, walked out to bless the cows and pigs, even) then other house, which is still in-progress. He stayed and ate with us and we all had a nice time together.

3 comments:

karen said...

Look at your snow!!! We has some but it has already melted and now it's rainy here.

GretchenJoanna said...

Your chickens are going great, for January in New York! About a hundred years ago my grandfather was raising chickens in Geneva, NY, and selling eggs in NYC for $1 a dozen. I don't know how many he had, but I do know that he rigged a rolling cage to keep the pullets grazing on green grass in the springtime.

Those eggs are beautiful. Glory to God!

Becki said...

While I am very thankful to not have much snow this winter (so far), your snowy pictures are lovely. Your boys look like they love it. The punch needle craft looks like fun. And your eggs all look wonderful. That giant egg at the top reminds me of jumbo eggs I recently purchased. I don't normally buy them, but the price wasn't that much more than extra large. I was impressed at how jumbo jumbo is!