Pages

February 3, 2023

Study

In our most recent lesson for history, we have been studying Japan and the samurai.  There are some great origami tutorials online!   https://youtu.be/QN-nd8CG4eE 
I took the kitten, who we've decided to name Plum, to the SPCA, on Tuesday.  She will be 4 months old in a couple days.  Her mother, Snowflake, also went.  They were both spayed.  $60 each.  When I had her sister Sandy spayed in Sept. it cost $175 with a private vet. I got the extra pain meds they suggested which was $18 additional.  So expensive!  I had to wait 3 months for a spot with the SPCA, but since Snowflake was expecting her 2nd litter of kittens in Oct. we needed to wait, and it all worked out well.  
It's bitterly cold.  At 3pm, it's -5°F and with the wind feels like -22!  We spent just a little time outside.  We must collect eggs several times a day, so they don't freeze ans crack.  We keep the hen house closed up with these temperatures, to keep them warm.  We've been getting a fair amount every day this week, averaging 20/day.  I gave 36 to our Amish neighbor.
There in the middle, is the new monstera leaf and it just unfurled last night.  I'm delighted to see it has a notch in it!

2 comments:

Becki said...

Martha, can I just say that picture of your youngest sitting at the table with the light behind him is a piece of art. As is the one of your son holding the orange. Your boys are going to love these when they are grown men - being reminded of their childhood home and how cozy and inviting it is. My sisters and I have been pouring through old photos lately and I find it interesting that it is the backgrounds that we all seem to be drawn to and talk about. I love these posts. You remind me of the early years homeschooling our little boys. Sweet times.

karen said...

Your children look so happy! I am glad you found a more economical way to spay the cats, it's a shame there isn't an easier way for you.