Pages

February 10, 2023

This and that

We got some wooden animals from a friend!  It was bitterly cold last week and now is in the 40s and everything is melting.  Our mudroom is flooded, not horribly, but enough that we have a half inch of water on the floor there.
Today I went to the acupuncturist.  She put 14 needles in me, one in each foot, 2 on each wrists, outside + inside, 2 on my chest, for the lungs, she said, 2 on the front of my cheeks, 2 near my ears, and 2 on top of my head.  It's $65 for a 1 hour visit.  The massage table I laid on was heated and felt relaxing to me.  I hope my face muscles will continue to improve.  It's been almost 8 months since my Bell's Palsy diagnosis.  As for the Lyme, I pray it's gone, but since I had a long course of antibiotics (10 days in May and 21 days in June) and prednisone, I've felt like my gut is much more sensitive to bloating and loose bowels.  I'm trying to eat gluten-free.  

2 comments:

karen said...

do you take a probiotic? I hope your GI issues settle down, I agree that antibiotics while necessary can be rough on the body. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I had been taking one for several months, lately I've been relying on kombucha and yogurt. I have some sauerkraut I made and was reading that is one of the best.