Pages

February 19, 2023

Sun

Last weekend, the sun shone brightly and the rays came down into church beautifully. It was the day of the 3 hierarchs, St. Basil, St. Gregory and St. John Chrysostom.  We also had 3 hierarchs serving!  Metropolitan Nicholas, Bishop Gabriel and Bishop Luke.

I taught Paul to chain, and he made reins.  Now he wants to crochet something!  A friend gave me a gently used handknit sweater that was dyed with marigolds.  Below, the boys got Valentine's in the mail, and then, we proceeded to cut out hearts out of paper and make some.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine when it comes.

4 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

A long time ago I came by some remnant spools of heavy wool yarn, out of which I first made some hotpads. Then the children learned to crochet, and made long and very sturdy ropes, which they used in their play for decades.

Those church photos are beautiful!! Have a wonderful Butter Week :-)

karen said...

we had a string of sunshine days that did my mood a world of good! It was nice to be squinting :)

Becki said...

The sunshine streaming in the church windows is glorious. So glad you got the picture. How fun that Paul wants to crochet. I wish I had done crocheting and other of my own handcrafts when my boys were young. I think they might have been interested in trying some of it. They did do some rug hooking (the kind with yarn, not wool). And other handcrafts too. The marigold dyed sweater is a wonderful color.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful church! I like your posts! It's Maria from St.Pete:)