Pages

June 21, 2021

Fisher of men

Jordanville, NY has one of my favorite monasteries.  This is the dining hall, with a beautiful mural of Jesus Christ and the fishermen who became his disciples.
My mom at my dad's grave.  Such a pretty day!
Below is Father Theodore, a monk who is from Scotland.  Another monk, Father Paul, gave our youngest some of his bread and then a wood beaded bracelet with a cross.  Many smiles.  Little kind gestures.
My sister's Godmother, Margaret, her son and granddaughter.
After the meal...I talked to many people I haven't seen in a long time, it was nice to see them.
This is Father Iov who drove the tractor while my dad worked here and helped with the farm work.  He's in his 90s, a dear old monk. One of the other monks, Father James, helps take care of him.
My mom with two of her friends.
Yesterday, we had a father's day cookout with friends.
Stewart's ice cream after...the boys rode up the driveway on their father's lap.
That's Pauline holding her baby sister, Edith.
Perfect weather for barefeet. New friendships.  Many good people.
Happy summer to you!

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

Looks like a wonderful time!! So glad for you all!! Memory eternal to your Dad 💚🙏

gretchenjoanna said...

What a wonderful visit to the monastery. Glory to God.

And the Father's Day celebration looks splendid. So summer and full of family fun.

pleximama said...

It is so refreshing to re-connect with old friends, and doubly blessed to be at a monastery. Your photos capture some beautiful moments.