Pages

November 8, 2023

A gift

A friend sewed this bear and filled it with rice and lavender buds (so it can be warmed for a child to hold), as a gift for us.  She painted wooden peg doll to look like the monk to go with the book The Sleepy Bear.  In the story, he is thrown from the train.  We added the train in our story-selling for an extra hands-on aspect!
We went on a hike with my husband, last week, who carried the 2 youngest boys for part of it.  Then, yesterday, I took the 3 boys out myself for a hike.  This is such a pretty season.  
Falling asleep in my arms... and this is when I trim his fingernails.
These tiny apples from this thick trunk tree.  Maybe above you noticed the beaver nibbled trees?  We walked past a pond with a beaver dam.
We've been invited by baby Elijah's Godfather and family to their house for Thanksgiving.  I will make pies to take there.  My favorite is maple pecan pie.

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

How lovely about Thanksgiving ❤️ lovely pictures and being outdoors

karen said...

what a lovely gift!! I enjoyed seeing the outside photos, most of our trees are done except for some stubborn maples and of course the oak trees, they are always last.

Brooke said...

Martha, I love seeing all your updates. Elijah is just perfect! And you look so good! 🧡🧡