Pages

November 24, 2023

23 years

Today we celebrate our wedding anniversary! Since my father was an Orthodox priest, he married us.  My mother made a traditional old English 3 tiered fruit cake with pretty white icing.  We saved the top tier for our 1st anniversary, but I think we actually ate it before the actual day. 23 years is a long time, yet it really doesn't seem that long.  I still remember some of our first few dates together, like going sledding, a summer outdoor concert in the park, and him helping me with my overheated '88 Toyota Tercel's radiator.  The first time I met his family, I was a bit overwhelmed by all his younger siblings, and his mother gave me a red plate to eat on, I think it was ceramic with "you are special" painted around it.  AND the first time he met my family, my mother wanted to make something nice, and then I was so excited, choked on the steak!  
We cut open one pumpkin and counted the seeds...grand total 444.
The boys did almost all the work for this apple pie.  One peeled, the other chopped and I worked on the crust.
A friend named Katharine knit this for Elijah!  She used to live near us, but moved 6 months ago.  We were glad to see them, back in town for a quick visit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful 😍 much love and many more years ❤️

Becki said...

How fun to read about younger you when you and your husband were first dating. The pictures of the boys are so sweet, and what a lovely knitted cap!

Brooke said...

I loved reading about when you were dating your husband. 🧡 Happy Anniversary and many years! Elijah and his hat are both beautiful. Good job boys on the apple pie, what good helpers! 🧡

karen said...

happy anniversary and what a sweet adorable bonnet!!

GretchenJoanna said...

Happy Anniversary!