Pages

November 15, 2023

Chai spices


 Pinwheel cookies:

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter 
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons organic chai spices (I used this Harney + Sons blend of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, coconut, also, with chaga mushroom)
  • Directions:  Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.  Blend butter and sugar, then add eggs.
  • Combine to form the dough and divide in half. Add chai spices to one half of the dough in the bowl and blend thoroughly. 
  • Chill both halves of dough in refrigerator for about an hour.  
  • Roll out each portion to roughly the same size, then place one on top of the other and roll up.  Refrigerate again, then slice.  
  • Bake at 350° F for 5 min.
Inspired by this recipe, which I slightly modified from Mountain Rose Herbs. The boys each had three.  I brought the rest of the cookies to the ladies Bible study to go with tea.  I enjoy these gatherings.

And we went hiking again.  We're planning another hike!  The fresh air is just what I need. 
Paul put the wampum beaded belt he made on Elijah.  
George says, "I'm making myself as small as him!"
These 3 boys are pretty special.  I wish our 2 girls were here, but understand that the next stage, when one becomes an adult.  We all leave the nest at some time.  I'm getting a little more sentimental as Thanksgiving approaches. A cup of hot tea is comforting for now.

2 comments:

karen said...

they do grow up so very fast! I get more sentimental as I age as well. Lovely cookies!! and he is as small as his little brother, lol.

Becki said...

Awww... look at those smiles. Holidays certainly are a time when we can long for our grown children. The Chai Spice cookies sounds really good!