Pages

December 9, 2023

Buckeyes

We made buckeyes!  You know, those sweet peanut butter balls dipped in melted chocolate? We made a vegan recipe. 
Last year, I bought a potted Norfolk pine tree at Lowe's for $24.98. It only lived a month, maybe two, dried out, from the heat of the woodstove. It was crunchy, but looked pretty, so I kept it until this past Sept.  I guess I hoped part of it might make it.
I bought one again, same price, even the same good-looking pot!  We'll use it as a Christmas tree and then hopefully keep it as a houseplant.

Our little farm looked so pretty with an inch or two of freah snow.  The sun came out yesterday and it all melted.  The pigs were looking for a treat.  I did give them four frozen pumpkins we had left.  Did you know it's a natural dewormer?
We saw a flock of birds flying south! Can you see the tiny dots in the blue sky?  I also took a video:  https://youtube.com/shorts/cB2VwHwigIY?feature=shared

3 comments:

karen said...

E is growing so fast!! My daughter in law loves to make buckeyes and I love to eat them, lol.

Becki said...

You have more animals that I realized! Your homestead is a happy looking place.

Anonymous said...

Yes, quite a few animals here!