Pages

March 31, 2008

I have a sweet tooth...

Chocolate cake with almond paste frosting...so delicious!

Marzipan-Chocolate frosting:
  • melt 4 oz. dark chocolate (I used 72%) in microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between....for a total of 2 minutes or until completely melted
  • add can of almond paste and mix well
  • to make smoother, add half of a cup of liquid
Wacky Chocolate cake:
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 5 T. vegetable oil
  • 1 T. white vinegar
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 ¼ c. water
Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
Mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water until well combined and blend well with dry ingredients.
Bake for about 40 minutes for 9" round (for cupcakes 20 minutes), or until a cake tester inserted into the center.

Thank you, Aunt Sarah...for that dress from India! Hannah wore it to church with tights and then decided she would wear pants with it, later! I used some of my new Hero Arts stamps in the ATCs. I can't do without a fine tip brown pen.

9 comments:

Dettao said...

I haven't visited in a while. I've forgotten that you make me hungry! Thanks for you comment on my blog. I would be thrilled if you scraplift me. I would consider it a special honor.

Kate O'Brien said...

oh that sound so yummy!

hope you have a great week!

Maria said...

okay, so now I'm hungry again ;-) I'll have to try that recipe :-)

Maren said...

Sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing!!

Mimi said...

Oooooh, that looks good. Is this where I confess during Lent I buy that nasty, filled with hydrogenated oil but oh so yummy frosting and eat it on graham crackers?

And, great page! You are a true artist.

Kim Watson said...

I love your header...the angle of the photograph is fantastic! And so is the look of that cake...I LUV marzipan too! I am so going to try that recipe!!

Your girls are looking so gorgeous....I am so happy it is finally getting warmer.

Cute cards!
XX
P.S You asked if I braid Cas's hair...yes I do all sorts of braiding, she loves it!

JO said...

The new header looks great ! YUMMY. I have to ask you - do you take a picture of those cards ? or do you scan them ? I'm curious & want to learn how CLEAR those cards turn out ? whats' the secret ?

Christina Carnoy said...

looks yummy, or should I say scrumptious??? :)

Emily R. said...

I would love to go to the class, but my parents will be in town that weekend. My in-laws are here this weekend and my parents the week after.