Pages

May 13, 2019

Myrrhbearing women

Yesterday was my namesday, St. Martha, my patron saint is depicted wearing a deep red cloak.  She was one of the Myrrhbearing women that went to the tomb of Christ to find that He wasn't there, but had risen!  My Mom gave me those red Gerber daisies, there are 2 more buds yet to open.  For Mother's day, one of my daughters gave me the purple Salvia, on the left, and the other gave me the Jasmine you see below.
We visited my husband at work, after a hard night of little ones not sleeping and having wet the bed.  3 years old is young to be night potty trained, but he did well for a few days & he prefers to wear underwear.
Have you try the chocolate croissants from Trader Joe's? Soooo good!
Plastered the walls and sanding.  Repaint and rehang the towel racks.  Then our bathroom will be done!
George and me out on the back deck by our grapevines.  He's still got a cold, so hard when they can't blow their nose, sneeze and it runs down to their lip.  My husband does a great job using the bulb syringe to clear it out.  It's hard for him to nurse, if he's so congested. 
We bought Hyland's cough syrup for our older kids.  I started using it years ago and it tasted better than the others and is homeopathic (I've used Boiron hepar sulph for myself and that's the main active ingredient here, too), no sugars, no dye.  I highly recommend Hyland's.

3 comments:

rhipsime14 said...

Christ is risen!

Happy Namesday! :)

Tracy said...

Happy Namesday belated, Marth... ((HUGS)) Hope the nights get easier, the baby feeling better, and the bathroom done soon--hooray! LOVE that sign at the top "please excuse the chaos... we live here"... I think I need one of those. ;)

GretchenJoanna said...

Happy Name Day! We are together that day :-)