Pages

September 2, 2022

Everything is growing

This past week, we went to Dormition chapel in the cemetery, where my father's grave is, for Vigil and Liturgy. The clergy blessed water and as we processed around the church, my sons hoped to get wet sprinkles, and then got a good wet blessing from Fr. Theodore (one of our favorite monks) after venerating the cross at the end!

The last summer concert in the park was excellent. Polkas and waltzes, one of our favorite songs, "eidelweiss." It reminded me of my visit to the Hofbrauhaus in Munich over 20 years ago.  There's a man named Dick who bakes cookies every week and passes them out at the concert.  George is holding an oatmeal cookie from him.  He is another one of those kind and generous persons who gave me $50 discreetly, to put towards my Bell's palsy healing.  I have an appt. later today and am able to eat and talk well, just muscles take a lot of concentration in order for me to move them appropriately.

Here are the four of us as the sun began to go down.  There will be 5 of us together soon and I look forward to all 6 of us being together, maybe come winter break.

I started a drawing, as a gift for a friend whose birthday is coming up soon.  
We put some produce we've grown out to sell, as we have too much right now.  
Purple cauliflower, we didn't grow, but our 3 year old was so excited to see it when visiting a nearby farm, so we bought it.  It is lovely!
We had another cement truck here and friends who came to help out.  As a thank you, we gave one raw milk and the others vegetables from our garden.
Paul who is 6, learned how to ride the 2 wheeler bicycle and is enjoying the speed and freedom!

1 comment:

Gretchen Joanna said...

Happy (Liturgical) New Year!

God is blessing you with such abundance. I pray He gives you strength and joy for your bodily infirmities.

<3 Love, in Christ,
Gretchen Joanna