Pages

October 1, 2022

Laundry soap

Horse chestnuts can be used for laundry!  I found out last year when we discovered a tree with many nuts on the ground.  Here is a link that tells how to utilize them as laundry soap.
Can you see 4 kittens by the barn door?
Every Thursday we have a homeschool co-op for a few hours.  I teach a class on geography through children's literature to 4-8 year olds currently.  We looked at the map of Russia in the wonderfully illustrated book called Maps by Mizielinska, made borscht and read The Firebird.  I used beets from our garden.  Two girls excitedly told me the potatoes and cabbage they brought were from their garden.  Next, we'll study China, then Japan.

2 comments:

Becki said...

I see three cats, but I trust you. :) Your boys are cuties.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Oooh, I would like to be in your class... looking at maps, listening to music, eating homemade borscht made from homegrown vegetables!