Pages

October 6, 2023

Grammie visits

My mom met Elijah a week ago. She was here for 5 days.  He's had some jaundice, but it seems to be better now.  Elijah is focusing well and looking around a lot.  He's grabbed his father's beard with a tight grip a few times.  Bishop Luke gave his big brothers a prosphora at church this past Sunday to give to me and Elijah.  The 40 days after his birth are a time for rest for mother and child. Elijah and I will go back the end of this month.
We did our 3rd batch of cider when my cousin came to visit.  Rob and the big boys had gone to the monastery and collected more apples Saturday, as they have so many apple trees.
Quality time with little brother.  I'm so glad George especially has bonded with him, as his role as the youngest has been taken over by Elijah.
We had a few really nice and warm days this week.  One day it was 88°F and sunny.  I wish we could have gone to swim at the lake.  Yesterday, we took a walk in the crunchy leaves.
Maybe I should share the birth story?
My mom got this icon of Mary, the Theotokos, the Milk-Giver when she was first a mother.  It's hand-painted by Father Theodore Jurewicz.  She gave him this little icon of St. Elijah, too.

3 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

He looks beautiful! I'm sure your mother was thrilled to be with you all for a few days. What a boon, the apples.

elizabeth said...

So glad your Mom was able to visit!!! 💕💕💕

karen said...

So glad your mom was there to visit for many days, what a blessing! Little E is already growing fast!!