Pages

January 6, 2024

Hickory

What do you think of this hickory flooring? Both these boys have their own tool box.  They know how to paint, use tools and are improving their fine motor skills.
I just finished crocheting this hot pad made from leftover wool yarn. Tomorrow we celebrate the Nativity of Christ.  I've got some sewing to do, just to mend my coat. We baked food for our feast and are all planning to go to church tonight and tomorrow morning.
Hanging out in the bigger house, while our laundry is in the dryer.  The floor is done, a unique looking hardwood, hickory, and I think it's just lovely.  The wee potted Norfolk pine is our Christmas tree, with dried orange slices and a garland of popcorn the 2 older boys helped string up.  We're still mainly living in the smaller house, until the plumbing is done.
Our 2 oldest children are officially adults and I'm so glad to hear from them and see photos.  They live in other states. I miss them.  Hopefully we will see them before too long.

Elijah is rolling over now.  I set him on my bed and was just across the room doing laundry and he rolled over, onto the floor.  His nose looks reddish, poor baby.  i must remember to place him where he can't roll over, or down.
Also, when he first wakes up from a nap, we have been able to put him on the potty... and he's gone pee pee several times already!  I know I won't be able to potty train him just yet, but it saves a diaper.  We are using cloth diapers most of the time.

It's been cold this past week.  We got less than an inch of snow, but expect more tonight.  Here's the warm lion suit, from my sister, on Elijah:

7 comments:

Gretchen Joanna said...

That lion suit should keep the boy cozy!

I think your floor is beautiful! How fun to be able to hang out in the new house sometimes.

Christ is born! May your Nativity feast be joyful! I'm celebrating a bit with you, thinking of myself as starting over again, sort of... mostly so I can keep lights and candles burning, and not have to take down the tree yet.

My godmother and several friends are on the old calendar so I am taking them gifts this week, too.

Glorify Him!

pleximama said...

The floor is gorgeous! So neat to see all of your creative endeavors!

karen said...

love the flooring!! rolling over? how can this be?? time is a flying!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, even celebrating old calendar Nativity fully with the 12 days afterwards isn't enough, i keep lights up longer!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! The floor is nice.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Karen!

Becki said...

The hickory floor is beautiful. I love the feel of a real wood floor. Your house looks so cozy.