Pages

February 16, 2009

18 more to go...


18 more to go..., originally uploaded by mama_marfa.

I took a photo of myself in the car, while my husband drove, girls in the back seat...
Then, wrote each state I've been to so far. I HOPE Alaska and Hawaii are NEXT!

Have you seen the 32 minute film The Red Balloon? I think the first time I saw it was in our public library in Brandon, Vermont when I was about 10 years old on the old reel to reel. Very few words, nothing needed, however, you understand the plot by the "body language"...or should I say "ballon language?" Hannah and Olivia loved it. 10 minutes into it Olivia started giggling aloud and Hannah started commentary!

Russian Winter's Night was the best way for us to spend our Friday evening! The dinner was scrumptious. Irina sang beautifully with such emotion. Here is a clip of a duet that she sang with Kurt, our wonderful choir director!

*If you check out my Flickr photostream, you'll see photos...the apricot napoleon...I ate every bit of it!

13 comments:

Michelle M. said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! It is comforting to know that there are others out there who have gone through what I am going through. It feels like all of the people I am surrounded by do not have pregnancies like this and can't understand what I am going through. I really appreciate the advice. I haven't taken my prenatal in a week or so. My midwife said I should try to take children's vitamins. Thanks!! Hope you have a great day.

Unknown said...

That's a great idea!

I have a pair of jeans like that.

State Count:Do you count just being in it, or actually going to something in it, or spending the night in it?

Pres. Kathy said...

You are a traveler! I like ths idea so I am going to do it for Niko! Thanks!

Constantino della Brazos said...

How about a dish for each state? Baked Alaska, Frozen Hawaii, and of course, Kentucky Racehorse Pie?

Christina Carnoy said...

that layout is really beautiful!!!

Emily R. said...

Are the ones with stars the ones you have lived in?

What a great idea for a layout!

Em

Rosemary said...

Ooooh, I'd say Hawaii, yes, that is the next state to visit! I checked out Flickr - that napoleon looked delicious. You're slender, so you can have extra calories, Miss Martha! Love checking out your site and seeing what you're up to.

Mimi said...

This is awesome! LOVE it

Unknown said...

Gorgeous layout! I'm going to have to check out that Napolean... and it will be calorie free for me! ;) I've only been to a handful of states... but, I've been out of the country 5 times!

Samantha said...

What a great page! I like how you just snapped a picture of yourself and used it on a page. Very clever!

Thank you so much for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog about my little one. I'm sorry to hear that your little one passed on the other week. It's just so hard :( HUGS to you.

Meadowlark Days said...

I'm going to scraplift this idea!

I want to go back and do one layout for each year of my life, summarizing some of the major events, etc. Hopefully soon!

Matushka said...

I love traveling. I especially love doing road trips in the U.S. It's a beautiful country!

M.Michelle

Loreluca said...

for some reason, I always feel attracted to Alaska, too. Not that I think I'd do great there. I get so cold, so easily... but it just makes me curious!