Pages

December 26, 2011

Western Christmas

We celebrated Christmas (which we call Western Christmas) with my husband's family yesterday, Sunday Dec. 25th. Rob's grandma here is 83. His other grandma is 101...both are doing okay, using their walkers to get around.We opened all of our gifts in the morning and then went to church. Hannah got 2 new dresses for her 18" doll, meet Jessica Ann. Olivia got Tintin books and a wood mannikin. I gave Rob a pair of leather slippers from LLBean and he got me fabric to sew with...We will celebrate the Nativity of Christ with my family on January 7th (which IS Dec. 25th on the old calendar).
9:30am Saturday we got to the ski slopes in Indiana. We stayed until they closed at 4:30pm, taking a break at 12noon to eat the lunch we packed (smoked salmon, bread, clementines). Walking in ski boots is so hard!

The best gift we had was spending time together!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Such cute gingerbread men! Sounds like you get to enjoy lots of different rich traditions with your families.

DebD said...

yes, being together is such a blessing. I hope the rest of your Advent is peaceful.

joscelyne cutchens said...

cute cute cute gingerbread cookies :) and your girls are always cute. I'd love to take my boys skiing, I've only been twice myself and I remember it was difficult to walk in ski boots :)

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Hi Marfa! How have you been :) Hope you'll enjoy the remaining days before the year closes. Blessings... xo

Liesl said...

Looks like you're having a wonderful holiday season! :)

Michelle M. said...

That looks like a beautiful time with family! Merry (Western) Christmas :)