Pages

January 22, 2015

Sad news...

I took this picture on Monday January 12th...Lusy had a stroke and was doing poorly.  We all gave her extra love and attention. 
Tuesday January 13th, our sweet Lusy died in our home, with the 4 of us surrounding her as she slowly stopped breathing, we felt her heart beating for quite a few minutes after...then it stopped.  Rob wrapped her up in a white bedsheet and we buried her in the backyard.  Digging a grave for her was no easy task.  Rob had to make a fire to soften the frozen earth.  It's been a hard week.  We miss her every time we open the door, she would greet us with wagging tail...
 Listening to Uncle Rob play the mandolin.
 Monday, we celebrated Theophany in church and brought home blessed water.
 I ♥ that we have so many kids in our parish. 
Thankfully, my sister and her family were here last week to keep us all cheerful, during this sad time with our dog, Lusy.  Olivia wanted to make cookies, and Liza helped.

6 comments:

mandysexton said...

I am so sorry about Lusy. Please pray for our family. We have a Brittany Spaniel named Apollo. He was a rescue shelter dog. abused before we got him. He has never been right. As he has aged he has become increasingly aggressive, and as of today he has bitten five children, including my Elinor. He is not allowed to be around the children, and he misses them I know. We cannot bring ourselves to put him down. I do not feel comfortable giving him to anyone, and so far we cannot find anyone who will take him as a rehabilitation project. I am so torn...it is so hard. We need to make a decision...and I know what is coming. Your pictures of your dog made my heart ache. Loving animals is painful and joyful at the same time, and I know this from growing up on a farm. But, it never gets easier.

elizabeth said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful dog Lusy!!! I can only imagine how sad it is! I am glad that your sister and family are visiting. That is so cute of Liza to help making cookies!!! (((HUGS))) and love...

Apseed said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious dog.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Lusy! It is very painful when our furry friends leave us.

Super Yoga Palace said...

I'm new to your blog, and am so sorry about Lusy. Our animals are part of our family too. I'm glad your family was in town. Ours was in town for Theophany as well. So happy to celebrate the feast with them.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your dear dog!