Pages

February 16, 2015

Sunday school

Yesterday in Sunday school, we played 2 games, first one I asked the kids one by one to pick a letter and I filled in the blanks:          _ _ _ _ _ _   _ _  _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _*

Then,we filled in the prayer with the correct words:

"Now lettest thou thy servant depart in_____, O Master, according to thy word:
For mine _____ have seen thy _________,
Which thou hast prepared before the face of all ______;
A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel."  (from Luke 2:29-32)
For next week, we are going to focus on the prayer of St. Ephraim, as we are ready for Great Lent:
O Lord and Master of my life, a spirit of idleness, despondency, ambition and vain talking, grant me not.
But a spirit of chastity, humility, patience and love, bestow upon me, thy servant.
Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see mine own faults and not to judge my brother. For blessed art Thou unto the ages. Amen.
*Answers:  Prayer of Saint Symeon,  peace, eyes, salvation, people

No comments: