Pages

April 26, 2017

Banana Cake

We celebrated my husband's birthday last weekend.  This is our rendition of the "Manor Born Banana Cake with Coffee Buttercream" in which I accidentally doubled the butter in the batter (but it turned out just fine, thankfully) and we used 2 9" cake pans because I don't have 3 8" ones...my sister-in-law bought me the cookbook with this recipe as a gift after a trip to NYC.  Here is the recipe:
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/The-Manor-Born-Banana-Cake-with-Coffee-Buttercream
We had a nice time with my sister's 2 big kids, while she took out my girls for pedicures!  Here they are playing with play dough.
Bright week...procession with icons outside.
 After Liturgy, we went to my mom's house, for lunch and an egg hunt.  The weather was really nice!
 My niece with her suction cup man...meet Oogi.
Successful egg hunt, thanks to Grammie.  ♥
Does anyone know what this is?  I seem to remember digging up a plant when we visited my cousin and taking it home.  I was thinking borage, but from the pictures I've seen, probably not.

No comments: