Pages

February 23, 2018

Wall hanging

I started a sampler of the basic stitch Tunisian crochet, in the photo, it's the square look on the lower 2 inches.  Then, I tried out the Gobelin stitch & loved it...and decided this was going to be a wall hanging.
I started using my crochet hook and made the blue dimensional section as you would with latch hook for a rug.  Beach wood.  Next I want to find bulky yellow ochre yarn & fringe...
My husband bought me this bag from an Etsy shop, Portland Leather, it was on sale for $96 and I think that's a lot, but you pay more for quality (thick leather, no plastic parts, made by a person, not a machine in a factory, fair wages and made in USA).
Carlee at the vet this afternoon...she has hookworms!  She's got the 1st dose of meds in her...
Pretty plates...made in the USA.  We can let Paul take them outside, drop them, and they don't break...and made of recycled materials!
We celebrated my father-in-laws birthday Sunday, he had surgery in Tues.  All went well, thank God.  Hopefully recovery will go just as well.
I wish I could take this class:
Inspiration in this book I got at our library:
The back, I really love the dimensions of this piece:
And another piece I'm inspired by, these are the colors I want to use, more muted, natural colors:
It's been a good first week of Great Lent.  We went to extra church services & are trying to make our life quiet and simple.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

quiet and simple is just wonderful ~ fun finds at the library ~ fun wall hanging! ~ and nice bag too! handmade in USA with a fairwage is wonderful!

Jeannette said...

sweet...simpleness...and quiet in which to hear