Pages

December 9, 2020

Fasting

He still takes morning naps quite often. I've been trying to get him to eat lunch, then take one nap after... 

Today, I'm just enjoying his warmth and holding him.  I am grateful for the extra peace I'm feeling currently.  I have a broken bone in my finger and have surgery this afternoon.  Fasting is SO hard, especially when I just want a drink of water, but for safety, before general anesthesia, as is recommended...I can do this!

We had our 1st snow last week!  It makes me feel great... the white brightness and cold air that comes with snow.


We baked gingerbread over the weekend!
With just lemon icing we made...

A few more of the bracelets I've made...  I'm giving them as Christmas gifts.  And selling them for $10 each.
My mom printed these off for me, since we don't currently have a printer.  The first few bracelets that went out either had no note or a simple handwritten one.





4 comments:

gretchenjoanna said...

Oh, Martha, I am glad to think that your surgery happened already, and by now you have been able to eat and drink! And I hope you are in bed sleeping :-)

Yours is the second blog where I read about gingerbread this month and I really meant to bake some this week. Maybe I will do it when I go to my daughter's over the weekend. The lemon icing sounds perfect, too!!

elizabeth said...

Praying for you ❤

Martha said...

I hope you have a great time at your daughter's this weekend.
Surgery is over and I am doing well!

pleximama said...

Praying that your surgery went well and your healing is speedy. It's funny how we take simple things, like the working of our hands, for granted until they're not working well.