Pages

January 10, 2021

Thoughts

Going through my mind right now...  I've made the choice to step back from social media. It's healthier for me right now.  Political stuff makes me upset.  Wasted time.  Quality time.  Family + friends...even making new friends recently.  Praying and acquiring personal peace.  That's my focus and goal. 

We celebrated Nativity this past week and I have this little icon on the table near oranges a friend gave us and cedar logs my husband cut up to put candles in...giving us warmth and light!

Fancy herbal tea with mugwort and chocolates from one of my sisters.  I've learned that "wort" means "good for" or "to heal" and I've been using St John's wort and am interested in using motherwort.  Have you used it?  As tea or in a capsule or another way?
My bracelets fit as anklets for a two year old!
Looks like he's floating, doesn't it?  I hope you have a great week!  Please, share any experience you've had with herbal remedies.

7 comments:

elizabeth said...

Cute! Nice to hear from you. What a pretty icon! Christ is born!

pleximama said...

Blessed Nativity! Christ is Born!

I hope that your time away from social media is fruitful. It is nice to set boundaries and goals. God bless your effort!

Nancy Webster said...

So smart to rest from social media! I'm feeling much more faith-full -- and getting tons of long-neglected home projects accomplished, too -- since I broke from it three weeks ago. And yes! It does look like your little one is floating! How'd y'all pull off that pic?

Jeannette said...

Hello Martha,

Attempting to leave you a comment several weeks ago was the last thing I did on my computer before it clunked out. My husband's had stopped working the day before. Our phones were archaic as well. I was home alone for several days as my husband was out helping my brother. My house got cleaner, I finished tailoring two shirts for my husband and I realized how often I gravitate to the computer. As the computers are replaced I am still spending more time away from them now.
I did just enjoy looking at your blog. While I haven't been blogging, as you know, I have been keeping a penned journal. I might chose to blog again, here or perhaps on a non-google venue. If I do, I will let you know. While I am on FB, I don't tend to post or comment much there. The real tie for me is a few friends with whom I play word with friends, which I find relaxing. So yes, I hear you...there is much to cause distress if we look at the world through the world's messengers and there is cause for hope and gratefulness if we look at creation directly and turn our hearts toward Our Father and seek His perspective. Your photos and narrative tell a sweet story; your engagement with your family life shines through.

Becki said...

I just posted my first pictures to Instagram this week - in order to participate in the #52 Tags Challenge. :) Hopefully, I don't get sucked in any further than that.

Martha said...

I realize now, have a hard time getting addicted to things like that. Love your tags!

Martha said...

So true. A forced break always makes me see REAL life better. It's good to hear from you, Jeannette.