Pages

July 5, 2022

Water

Seems like we've been to many water ways recently. We went hiking in Vanhornesville, to the waterfall and caves, with Rob's sisters.  They were here four days and are back home now. 
This is Three Mile Point beach on Lake Otsego.  I am supposed to stay out of the sun while on doxycycline, and did my best sitting near a tree, but one of my feet got sunburned!  At least that's all.  I put aloe in it.
Today has been 3 weeks since I found out I have Bell's Palsy.  I'll take the last capsule of doxycycline tonight.  I started brewing chaga mushroom and adding kudzu root to my tea. Both can help with Lyme.  The right side of my face is still paralyzed, but I'm managing better!
I went to the co-op in the town of Little Falls. I got this little packet of moringa for 75 cents.  It's supposed to be nutrient packed, to naturally give one energy, without caffeine. There are 5 servings in it.  I also got buckwheat, and wanted to try to stock up on gluten-free items, as that sounds like that's what one needs to do when you have Lyme. The town is near the Erie Canal and we went to see the locks.
Look at the progress!  Almost all the windows are in, now we're just trying to figure out if we're putting vinyl siding on that matches the rest of the house, or wood.  I think shakes are great, but they're more expensive.
To celebrate the 4th of July, we went to the parade in Springfield, had lunch, and then went to Glimmerglass state park for the fireworks with friends in the evening.   
Today, we got two more cows.  They are female Galloways, one is expecting a calf and the other is almost a year old. So, now we have four cows.  It's been rainy most of the day.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Bless you ❤🕯🙏

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Martha...
Can you email me your address? Pearlsteinphotography@gmail.com

GretchenJoanna said...

I will ask St Luke the Blessed Surgeon's prayers for you. <3

It's wonderful to see the progress of your projects, and how you are settling in more and more to your new home and homestead.

karen said...

I hope your face gets better soon and that it's just a memory! lovely fourth of July happenings :)