Pages

June 28, 2022

Better and better

Everyday, I'm feeling better.  I was honestly trying to cover up how poorly I've felt the past 6 weeks and now, I'm grateful to be sleeping at night, no more headache, excruciating pain in my back or legs.  

Today, it's been 2 weeks since I went to the emergency room and found out I had Bell's Palsy.  I started taking the antibiotic, 100 mg of doxycycline hyclate twice a day then, too.  One more week left.  I'm making probiotic sauerkraut (just cabbage and salt) to keep a good balance in my gut.  Many supplements, trying to not eat sugars and also lots of people praying have helped!
My husband's 3 sisters are visiting! We went to the Farmer's Museum today and rode on the carousel. Below, is some of the wall paper that is in one of the buildings
This neat horse weathervane is atop the blacksmith shop.

There's a place with tall wheat growing.  A basket in the midst of being made.  Baskets are so useful here, I use one daily for collecting eggs, also for a garden haul, like kale and chard.  Both are growing well right now.  I hope to have tomatoes in a month!  There's nothing like a fresh tomato.
This is a statue of James Fenimore Cooper in Cooperstown.  Our friend, Keith, has been in town and is writing a novel.  When he told us several things about Cooper and his books, it made me realize how I want to learn more of this local history.  I plan to read Cooper's The Leatherstocking Tales next. We went to the beach on the shore of Otsego Lake at Three Mile Point, which was owned by the Cooper family.
After church Sunday, I took a photo of Keith and George.  
Rainbow chard from our garden! It tastes so good!

2 comments:

karen said...

I am sooo glad you are feeling better! I pray it continues and it happens super fast.

pleximama said...

Praise God that you're feeling better! May your recovery continue to be blessed.