Pages

June 3, 2022

Swing

Cherishing the small things that are good right now. Little helper writing the date on the jar of raw milk from Bella, above.  

Last week to this week.  I ran a fever, and it blistered, so I started the antibiotics.  Also, on prednisone.  I had to slowly taper off.  For someone who isn't used to taking pharmaceuticals, but scared about the seriousness of this, it's been a lot of questioning and trust and prayer to know what to do.
My arm has been slowly recovering from the likely spider bite, that occurred 2 weeks ago.  Pain and tingling at the site still, although it is healing and better than it was... 
Insomnia due to the medication is awful.
I really haven't done much this week, but rest.  My husband has gotten a lot of work done on the walls surrounding the freshly poured concrete.
Below, we spent a couple hours on Lake Otsego on Memorial day Monday.  The water is still pretty cold.
Bracelets to sell.  There's a craft fair coming up and also weekly farm markets nearby.  I've been thinking it would be a good place to sell the bracelets I've made and maybe flowers.  I started growing zinnias. These are wildflowers above, whose names I want to learn.  I only know the buttercups.
We found a turtle in our yard later that day!
Rhubarb from a roadside farm stand on the way home from our library trip. I chopped it up and made a cake.
Blessed feast of the Ascension!  We went to the chapel of the 7 Holy Youths in Morris, NY.

2 comments:

Katharine M. said...

Hoping your arm continues to heal and that you can get some rest!

karen said...

hope your arm gets better fast! I have trouble trusting health care people in general and question EVERYTHING~! I also dislike taking meds and yet I take many of them. Loved seeing the photos of your family :)