Pages

November 26, 2022

Collecting sticks

We collect sticks every few days to use as kindling.  Our woodshed is full of logs.  This is how we keep warm when it's cold outside.  The 3 little kittens are playful and adventurous.  They're 7 weeks old now.

One of the two babies was born this week, on Wednesday.  Rob, the boys and I went to meet her today.  I held her first.  These friends are Amish and the mother asked me to take a few photos to print off and mail out to family that lives in another state.  We got the photos printed at a store nearby and picked them up already.  
A few more carrots harvested. Pumpkin cake.  Below, the Litia at the nearby convent one day this week.  Thanksgiving day was a warm and beautiful day! The boys peeled and cut potatoes, my husband always does the mashing.  He likes it smooth.  We went to eat turkey with friends who live just 2 miles away and brought an apple pie, pecan tart and pumpkin pie.  The hostess made a lovely cranberry tart with hazelnut crust! 
We're cooking venison on the woodstove.  I'm shaking a jar of cream skimmed from the top of a jar of raw milk from Bella.  Hopefully we'll have butter to go with dinner tonight.  The Nativity fast starts Monday!
I've drawn quite a few of these family patron saint drawings this fall.  This is the 7th one a woman ordered from me, she's giving them as gifts to various friends!  I charge $20 each.
I hope you have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love the patron saints picture! I may order one. Have you received my emails?