Pages

May 31, 2023

Crocheting

I'm starting on a baby blanket.  This yarn is superwash wool, called Gandalf the Gray!
Three clumps of rhubarb growing well.  Each had a flowering stalk growing out of the middle, which I plucked off, so the most delicious part of the plant can grow.  I made several batches of rhubarb sauce and then a friend gave us fresh locally grown strawberries, which I added to my most recent batch.
We also have strawberry plants in our garden, but no ripe fruit yet.
This is some our favorite cheese, Guggisberg baby swiss.
We wrapped up 1st grade with one child.  Below, are the watercolor paintings the students made before doing a fresco, where they used powdered pigments from Italy to make paint and applied it to the damp plaster:
My sister and her family came to visit last week and we had a memorial service at my father's grave.  It's been 8 years now since he passed away.  

3 comments:

elizabeth said...

8 years already! memory eternal!!! I recongized Dcn A. right away in the picture and thought oh, Mary visited you! :)

karen said...

superwash is the way to go! love the square and cannot wait to see the blanket grow.

Brooke said...

Memory Eternal! — The baby blanket will be so soft and beautiful. 🧡