Pages

July 21, 2024

Blueberries and lavender

I haven't posted recently, because I can't seem to upload photos.  It wants me to sign into Google, and when I am and browse for a photo, try to upload it, nothing happens.  

This past week, we picked blueberries at a nearby farm.  I made fresh blueberry muffins yesterday!  

  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 t. baking powder
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 3/4 c. milk
  • 1/4 c. lard, melted and cooled to room temperature, which we rendered from fat from a recently butchered hog (you can also use butter)
  • I blended the 1st four dry ingredients.  I mixed the egg, milk and lard, then added it to the dry ingredients. Filled 12 liners, about halfway. Bake at 350° f 20 minutes.

Elijah is 10 months old now and has 7 teeth.  Unfortunately, he has a cold right now.  He woke up with a runny nose and one eye shut with discharge.  Thankfully, he's cheerful, but nursing a bit more than usual and sleeping more.  All things we need to heal, fluids and rest!

I went out with a friend of mine (our husbands had the children) to a lavender farm and then to several small town shops, with pretty paintings, ceramics and a soap shop.  I came home with a bouquet of dried French lavender, a Munstead lavender plant, and one pretty bar of soap. Inspiration to pick up my paintbrush!  And a rejuvenated mama!!  Also, thinking of making a lavender blueberry muffins next!

2 comments:

Becki said...

Blueberry muffins are my favorite. :) I hope you are able to download pictures soon, it would be fun to see what you paint, if you're inclined to show us. Time spent with a good friend can be so rejuvenating. Yours sounds like a very pleasant day.

karen said...

yeah blogger changed the way they do things. I am able to get photos from my dropbox which is where I upload them at a reduced size.(on a computer in a browser).