Join the giveaway on Wayfaring Wanderer's blog...what a great way to open up discussion on ways to recycle, reduce and reuse. I dislike wasting things. My girls have been saving everything - e.g. we went to the library for storytime and they brought home the little Dixie cup that held pretzels in it, to use in their sandbox!
What am I doing?
- I bring cloth bags (or reuse Trader Joe's paper sacks) to the store
- We've been recycling here, but now give it to my parents, they get PAID per pound of recyclables!!!
- I use cloth napkins (thanks, Dad! He gave us a set of 16, I think, for a Christmas gift 2 years ago)
- We don't throw good stuff away, we give it to Goodwill if we don't need it
- Instead of using cleaning chemicals, I use vinegar and water for most things!
- I try to buy stuff as local as I can, at least American-grown or made
- Compost, I need to make a bin, any suggestions?
- Bake 2 things in the oven to waste less gas later (I just baked a pizza and delicata squash at the same time a few days ago)
- Drive less, walk or ride my bike MORE
- Use reusable sanitary napkins (I have been wanting to do this for a long time)
- Next baby, go cloth!
I still make ATCs (artist trading cards, just 2.5 x 3.5 inches):Anyone want to trade?