Today we went to Rowe Woods and helped them gather sap from the maple trees, then watched them load the fire with wood and boil it down to a syrup...it was delicious! More photos and a video on Flickr.
Yesterday we had a few friends over for a tea party! One friend brought that lovely bouquet of flowers, and the other brought fruit to share! We ate Lemonades (the Girl Scout cookie), strawberries, cantaloupe, grapes, and oranges with our tea.
Sounds like fun ! I think I may copy that idea & invite women for tea party in my place ! your invited.=). Wow, Maple syrup ? I've never seen that done.
What a great lesson for the girls - to know how much hard work goes into gathering enough sap for syrup. Oh, and tea parties - I am jealous because it looks so fun.
This would be a great place to put a Sugar Pie recipe, Vermont's answer to the Texas Praline Pie. Do not forget the shot of vinegar, as it is the only healthy ingredient in a Sugar Pie. A good altenate name for Sugar Pie, Maple Praline Pie weighs in at a couple of thousand calories per bite. Good Sinful Decadence!
Yay! We are reading aloud the Little House series during Lent and in the first book it talks all about maple syrup. How fun and wonderful for you to be able to do that! Thanks for sharing!
I'm an Orthodox Christian, mother to 4, likes listening to her husband play the mandolin, loves to sip tea, eat chocolate, draw, take photos, garden, read
A season soft and warm.
-
I am so thankful that a week and more of warm days has been bestowed on us
here at the end of Summer. You can tell I love this season best, if you
just loo...
a deliciously somewhat normal day
-
A quiet day, errands in New York City this morning. Then home, dishes,
folding laundry. We split a delicious burger for dinner. I am back in NYC
tomo...
North Pole – Santa’s Workshop
-
Nestled at the base of Pikes Peak is a quirky little amusement park called
The North Pole. Based around Santa’s Workshop, this holiday park in the
mountain...
The Gift of Collaboration
-
In January of 2020, before I had any idea of what this strange year would
hold, I sat down to set some goals for the year. I looked back. What went
well ...
Love Shield
-
Buffalo Creek by Xene Abraham
Last week I was brazen enough to boast that I have a knowing within myself
that I may never get sick again. How can someone...
Among the Wildflowers
-
*Wild Columbine*
*You belong among the wildflowersYou belong in a boat out at seaYou belong
with your love on your arm**You belong somewhere you feel fr...
blessing the grave
-
On Pascha we blessed the graves in the cemetery attached to our church,
which includes our baby Elijah’s. Due to various circumstances, I had never
done th...
YOUR HUSBAND DOES WHAT?
-
So one (and by "one" I mean *everyone*) may wonder how I came to be a
coffin makers wife. I don't think about it very often, at least not until I
have ...
When We Struggle in Church with Young Children
-
I find it very difficult to let things go and not bother me. I usually
hang on to the hurt and review the play by play in my head long after.
This past S...
waiting no more
-
We welcomed our sweet baby boy at the beginning of September. We are all
happy and healthy and slowly adjusting to life as a family of four.
*
:: forever and ever ::
-
hello dear friends, if anyone is out there still...thank you dearly for
reading...so much catching up to do, my poor blog. but this happened last
weeke...
Home!
-
After successfully completing the diploma program at the conservatory… (see
proof below ^_^ ) …it was time for a break. DACHA Many people in Russian
cities...
Simple and Sublime
-
Here's a Lenten dish that looks fancy but is easy to make, has a few
simple ingredients and magically becomes more delicious as it sits in your
refrigerat...
Round-Up of Lenten Recipes to Try
-
Here are a few recipes I've collected that I'd like to try this upcoming
Dormition Lent or sometime soon:
Savory -
Georgian Bean Salad
Grilled Cilantro...
15 comments:
Ohh, I love tea parties! It looks lovely!
Yum, good syrup! We have a great lenten pancake recipe if you need it! :)
M.Michelle
OH, that looks like fun! I did that when I was little. Good memories. Hope you took some pictures, too.
what fun!
How fun!! I've never gathered sap for syrup, but it looks interesting. Glad you had a good time at your tea party!!
How fun to have a tea party. Wish we lived closer to join you!
Sounds like fun ! I think I may copy that idea & invite women for tea party in my place ! your invited.=). Wow, Maple syrup ? I've never seen that done.
This was fun to read and I enjoyed the photos. Thanks
oh you're so lucky to live by real maple syrup farms! How fun!
How cute! How cute! love a good tea party :D
We are going to go to Rowe woods this weekend to do the maple syrup thing as well!!!
What a great lesson for the girls - to know how much hard work goes into gathering enough sap for syrup. Oh, and tea parties - I am jealous because it looks so fun.
This would be a great place to put a Sugar Pie recipe, Vermont's answer to the Texas Praline Pie. Do not forget the shot of vinegar, as it is the only healthy ingredient in a Sugar Pie. A good altenate name for Sugar Pie, Maple Praline Pie weighs in at a couple of thousand calories per bite. Good Sinful Decadence!
How FUN! Delightful.
Your tea party looks like it was fun!
I love real maple syrup - it always amazes me how much sap is required to make just a pint!
Yay! We are reading aloud the Little House series during Lent and in the first book it talks all about maple syrup. How fun and wonderful for you to be able to do that! Thanks for sharing!
We tasted maple syrup for the first time in Canada, it was delicious. What a great experience to be able to do it for yourself.
Post a Comment