Pages

March 15, 2010

Flax Pancakes

(adapted from Vegan Planet, their recipe is called Flax-Berry Pancakes)

1 1/2 c flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c water
dash of nutmeg and cinnamon

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
Combine flax, vanilla and water and mix until thick.
Mix wet ingredients into dry until just combined. We like to top ours with real maple syrup!

This is enough for 2 adults, or 4 children...unless they're really hungry.

6 comments:

Barbara Bassett said...

I think you need to delete these 3 comments. Strange!?
Anyway, I made a variation of these pancakes today with 1 cup of buckwheat flour and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour and 1 cup of almond milk and 1/2 cup of water and 1 T. of oil. I also added some blueberries. They were very good.
I also just finished making the oatmeal raisin cookies and made them with steel cut oats. They are a little bit too hard(I mean the oats). Dad says they are probably healthier!!

Martha said...

Mmmm...sounds good, Mom! The oatmeal raisin cookies are great...I love food that is healthy!!!

Michelle M. said...

Thanks for sharing that, Martha!

I tried to call you this afternoon, but is just kept ringing. Nathaniel has been asked to stay another week. Would that be ok with you guys or would it be easier for him to stay somewhere else? Just drop me an email and let me know. Thank you for your hospitality!!

Beth said...

Hi Marfa. Thanks for your comment on our blog and also for this recipe. I have had amazing results using 1 TBS. flax seed plus 3 TBS. water as an egg substitute.

Also, love the book recommendations. As a book club member, I am always looking for some good reads!

Molly Sabourin said...

Oooh, we love pancakes for breakfast, lunch or dinner at the Sabourin house! These will be a nice addition to our meal rotation these final days before Holy Week and Pascha! Thank you. : )

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting this (and letting me know about it).