Pages

April 23, 2010

Carrot cake

* see below for recipe

Rob got 5 bags of sand for our sandbox...and then we got some shovels & buckets from ACE Hardware (made in the USA).












Yesterday, Bethany came over and we scrapbooked...along with our girls...little Anna, Olivia and Hannah.
We made carrot cake last night and ate it today (after I got home from work and before Rob left for work), for Rob's birthday. He even helped himself to a second slice... It's pretty healthy, well for a cake, it is:

Carrot cake

1 cup sugar
2/3 cup oil
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup crushed pineapple
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1 c. shredded coconut
2/3 c. chopped nuts (I used raw cashews)
2/3 c. raisins

Preheat oven to 350'F. Combine sugar, oil, carrots and pineapple. Sift dry ingredients together, then add to wet mixture, add coconut, nuts and raisins. I baked (for a bit longer than 30 minutes) this one in a bundt pan, then sprinkled a bit of powdered sugar over the top, when it was done...

4 comments:

Barbara Bassett said...

The cake was great. We hope Rob had a wonderful birthday. We are glad we could come over and celebrate with you.

stacey said...

I LOVE carrot cake I am going to try to make this- I will let you know how it turns out!

Your scrapbook page looks great:)

Unknown said...

Mmmm, carrot cake is my FAVORITE cake! Love it. I was going to make some but we were out of regular flour. We had bread flour, but I don't think that would work. We use a lot of flour. Your layout is adorable. Such cute photos.

Meadowlark Days said...

I love carrot cake, too - thanks for the recipe!