Pages

August 2, 2010

My birthday wish...

My dear husband Rob holding Natalia, who is 2 months old...chatting with my sister, Mary and Andrey, who came down from Canada.
The house in Huron, OH...where we stayed for the past week. We swam and played in the sand, cooked together, drank wine in the evenings, played UNO, Scrabble, Jotto, Apples to Apples, and Sorry...when the sun was too hot. 16 of us under one roof...but spent lots of time outside...I read the Double Comfort Safari Club and thoroughly enjoyed this passage about the very large, traditionally built, Mma Ramotswa:
"No, I did not find that I could swim. I found though, that I could float."To celebrate my birthday, I had blueberries, peaches, raspberries and blackberries topped with whipped cream...and my brother-in-law went out and bought an apple cake! That's me and Olivia above floating...see my NEW dark tangerine swimsuit from Land's End Canvas...spent $35 (free shipping) on it...good deal, eh? It is much brighter than I anticipated...bright tangerine!!!Juliana and Emma on the deck looking at the water. They recently got pink princess fishing poles. They let my girls try them out, too. Hannah actually caught a perch. We didn't eat that fellow, but did eat quite a bit of local perch from Berardi's.
The loved charming town of Vermilion, where this light house is...and lots of cute shops.
We went to the Trader Joe's in Westlake, OH, after leaving St. Sergius in Parma. It was the biggest one I've been to yet...large wine area, with a sample bar. I've only been to 3 Trader Joe's...the one in Cincinnati, OH and the one in Acton, MA. Did I tell you how much I love this store?

4 comments:

Matushka said...

It looks like you had a wonderful vacation! I love the beach! Beautiful pics!

M.Michelle

elizabeth said...

looks lovely! what a blessing to have family to spend time with! :)

Michelle M. said...

It looks like a wonderful time was had by all. I like the color of your bathing suit- you wear it well :)

Emily said...

Me too! I love Trader Joe's! I use to go all the time when I lived in Maryland! :D :D

Your vacation looked like tons of fun!