Pages

August 18, 2010

Tomorrow


Lighting the candles, originally uploaded by mama_marfa.

A few years ago I took this photo while at church. Tomorrow, we will celebrate the Lord's Transfiguration on Mt. Tabor. It is one of the 12 Great Feasts...and one of my favorites!

Thou wast transfigured on the mountain, O Christ our God,

showing to Thy disciples Thy glory as each one could endure;

shine forth Thou on us, who are sinners all, Thy light never-ending

through the prayers of the Theotokos, O Light-bestower, glory be to Thee.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfiguration_of_Jesus#Eastern_Orthodox_practices

P.S. I added beautiful church bells...hope you like them. I couldn't find anyone singing the tropar for the Transfiguration in English, Greek melody...but have been singing that to myself. I hope no one is offended by the Sufjan song which is 2nd, quite a pretty song about the Lord's Transfiguration.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

A blessed Feast to you and yours! I love the photo!

Jim said...

the Bells are a nice touch!

DebD said...

joyous Feast Day!