Pages

January 3, 2011

Family and food...

My little sister, Andrea, took this photo of Olivia, Harriett and Hannah (and me in the background) at Chipotle in downtown Cincinnati...where we all met up with my cousin, Zoya, and her husband, Chris...my parents, 2 of my sisters and their families...it was so nice to get together. For $5.95 you can get one rocking big burrito, this is my fav vegan:
  • rice with lime juice and cilantro
  • black beans
  • onions and green peppers
  • tomato salsa and corn salsa
  • guacamole
  • lettuce
We often get the Nantucket Nectars, which are $2.40 each. 100% peach orange juice is my fav.

It may seem that we go out to eat often, after this and my previous post about Starbucks...but we really don't...homemade most every day in our house. Last night I made piroshki...mixed yeast, honey, warm water and freshly ground whole wheat, let it rise on our warm woodstove, then sauteed cabbage and onions until they were really soft, added salt and dill. I rolled out the dough, Olivia helped cut out circles, and Hannah helped stuff them with cabbage and pinch them together...then we baked them in the oven for about 15 minutes. Mmm!
We got this DVD at the library and watched it this weekend, with the girls...they enjoyed it so much! I enjoy watching the simple happy life of the Bushmen and how they view the life of the fat pale people...like us. One of my fav parts is in the 2nd one...when the little boy is alone and a hyena comes along...and he holds up a piece of wood upon his head so that he looks taller!
I love seeing their happiness when they find their family...tears of pure joy streaming down their face.

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

Nice! it can be fun to eat out but making food at home is really enjoyable too. :)

Emily said...

Yummy yummy Chipolte! I could eat there everyday!

Hey we are thinking about farmshares this summer! Where do you guys go?

Martha said...

We did Turner Farm in Indian Hill, lots of great vegetables, yellow and red tomatoes, green and purple beans, eggplant, squash, herbs, flowers...now, we are just getting a raw milk share from Back Acres Farm.

Sandy said...

Our Chipotle has started doing "valet" service where you call in an order and they run it out to you. Dangerous for a mom with a van full of kids! :)
The Gods Must Be Crazy was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

stacey said...

Great picture!

I don't think there is a Chipotle around me? But it sounds sooo good!